SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

HELP MY NEIGHBORS

I am at a loss, my neighbor is in serious trouble and I want to help them.

They have 4 children.
Boy 17 years, Boy 14 years, Girl 11, Girl 4

The 11 year old girl has a serious case of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), her specific case is about germs. She washes so much her skin is wearing off and she won't eat anything because she's afraid it's contaminated. The Mom has had to quit her job (nurse) to be at home with her constantly, she's losing weight and getting sick and it's affecting the other kids, the entire family of course. The Dad is a Marine Patrol Officer, you'd think a government employee would have decent health benefits right? well, his insurance doesn't cover anything to do w/ OCD, too much phsycology involved or something to that affect.

She has been to two appts. in Boston that totalled over $1700.00, with Mom out of work and no insurance coverage, Christmas will be dismall and the length of the affliction/treatment is unknown at this time. They were able to borrow money from a coworker to pay for the first 2 appts.

I am contacting the Chamber of Commerce to address a few local support groups such as Kiwanis and Elks, Toys for Tots etc. It's a bit close to Christmas to plan a benefit, but I'll do something after the new year, or CHA. whew. busy busy.

if you would like to help with paypal donations: (Credit Cards Accepted)
helpthestevensons@keepsakedesigns.biz

if you want to send gifts for the children for Christmas, PM becky@keepsakedesigns.biz and I'll send you the address.

I know you don't know me from Adam and there are always questions about authenticity, I've been scammed on such a thing myself actually, sent 6 boxes of relief only to have them refused/not deliverable!! (because I'm leery to send cash to unknown people I meet on cyberspace) I will post follow up info here for you to monitor, and send thank you notes etc. After I talk w/ them I'll see how they feel about some family pics on the internet.
Thanks so much for visiting the blog today (woohoo double posting today) and please help if you can, any donation is greatly appreciated.
BeckyC

Labels:

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •