Use SB dies in SideKick and TagAlong!
I have some excellent news for you folks owning a smaller machine and
have an interest in Spellbinder dies. It has been a couple of years
since I tested these, but something made me think about it again today
and here is how you can CUT AND EMBOSS using those small machines :)
It used to be that the humps on the black adapters would cause
problems. That's why only fonts or the smaller mystery dies were
recommended. BUT If you make sure that the side with the white
writing on the Sizzix black adapters are up when you create the stack,
the surface will be nice and smooth and even. For embossing, you will
need the Spellbinders tan polymer.
The Sizzix adapters are very inexpensive and the tan polymer by
Spellbinders lasts 'forever'. The S3 size dies are the MEDIUM size
dies---there are hundreds to choose from.
Sidekick™ & Tag-a-Long™
The Sizzix® Adapter does allow the cutting of Spellbinders Style Dies™
with the Sidekick™ & Tag-a-Long™, but this is limited to most
Spellbinders Fonts, S3 size dies or Mystery Dies, due to the limiting
size of the Sizzix® Adapter.
Use the clear acrylic mats on top and bottom of this stack.
1. Place die, ridges up, onto a Sizzix® Adapter (small black plastic
spacers--make sure it is writing side up).
2. Place paper over die, roll through the Sidekick™ or Tag-a-Long™.
1) Remove the Sizzix® Adapter(s)
2) Place the die with the paper still inside face up on a clear
3) Place TWO pieces of Spellbinders tan polymer on top
4) Cover with top piece of clear acrylic and roll through.
A special PS--You can now emboss stencils that will fit through your
Sidekick/Tag Along if you do the following. Tan polymer needed.
1) Clear acrylic mat
3) misted paper or cardstock or tooling foil
4) Two pieces of tan polymer from Spellbinders
5) Clear acrylic mat
This would be great for tags or small embellishments.
DESIGNER & INSTRUCTOR: CHA Member