SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Saturday, November 03, 2007

OBAMA..... WHAT? Here we go! UPDATED


Snopes says it's TRUE. Except that they can find no proof that he refuses to say the pledge of allegiance.
There is even a video of this event so you can hear the anthem playing and his hand is not on his heart.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

I forwarded this image to Obama's campaign website email contact for an explanation before sharing this. The response is as follows:

Dear Friend:

Thank you for inquiring about the false accusation that I have refused to sing the National Anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance. I knew when I decided to run for President that I would not be immune from the "anything goes" form of attack politics that has been so prominent in our elections in recent years. And this outrageous charge is just another example of the kind of mean spirited, "shock" politics I will move beyond as President.

I am honored to lead a life of public service, and it is inconceivable that I would ever refuse to say the Pledge or sing the National Anthem. In fact, as a U.S. senator, I am sometimes called upon to preside over the opening of the Senate in the morning, at which time I am proud to lead my colleagues in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, with my right hand over my heart. Anybody who doesn't believe in the Pledge shouldn't be running for President.

Every time I have been elected or reelected to the Illinois Senate and the United States Senate, I have proudly raised my right hand, placed my left hand on the Bible and sworn to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." And I will be proud to take the Presidential Oath of office on January 20, 2009.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please share this message with anyone you know who has been misled by this baseless and particularly hurtful political attack.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

-------------------------------------
Paid for by Obama for America

You can email direct: info@barackobama.com




Labels:

Google

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •