SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Saturday, February 16, 2008

CHA Wrap Up!

WARNING: this is a long post with lots of pictures! There is just SO MUCH to see and do at the CHA show, I will try to keep the narrative to a minimum.



Remember the Terra Bella Finishes Challenge Projects I showed you a couple days ago?
See them here:



I WON! WOOHOO! The contest was restricted to two pieces per designer and they had to be in separate categories. The "Perspectives" piece was my altered entry and the "Family Matters" canvas was my collage/canvas entry. I won first place in both categories AND took the overall BEST OF SHOW Prize! It was a very proud moment, thanks so much to Nancy of Terra Bella Finishes for such a fabulous contest and a nice reception for the awards.



Fellow Designer and Friend, Cindi Bisson taped a segment of Ana Araujo's new web show, When Creativity Knocks. Cindi created a change purse using Makins Clay, here she is setting up before taping.



I LOVE Basic Grey papers! They have many new and gorgeous lines out, here's my favorite, "Boxer" and they also have stamps out now that are right in line with their style, they work great with their new chip boards and paper lines.

Visible paper trends emerging are photographic or picture style background papers. Most had a softer feel like watercolor painting or sketch art, not a photograph. A marked increase in hand made elegant papers at the show too including bold prints with flocking and/or glitter and dimensional metallic or painted accents.




New albums from Pioneer, very decorative covers, great styles.



I mentioned the Webster Group earlier, but wanted to share a few of their items. Their biggest sellers are the decorate yourself ceramic items that you color with a sharpie marker and the special finish on the piece makes it permanent when the marker dries! A more grown up approach to that science is the picture on the left, custom gift items, a platter or wedding item that guests sign or you could also make art on it as a gift. The album I told you about, it's a kit and looks like a very professionally printed coffee table book when it's done. Claim to fame is that is only takes 1 hour to make and you bind it yourself. You should be able to find these items at the larger chain stores, Michaels or Hobby Lobby etc.

I have a tendency to tell you about items that make me think out of the box, maybe a little less expected or trendy. Since I am mixed media, I don't stay in the scrapbooking/paper craft section for the entire show, I figure there are enough other sites covering just scrapping, I want you to see the entire show.

I found this site that seems good that reported on the more trendy paper companies and their new releases if you want to check them out! Scrapbooking top 50

Cheers,
Becky C

Labels:

Google

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Becky on the honors at CHA!!! You deserved it!!

Kim

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •