SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

CKC Manchester NH!



Woohoo! I attended CKC Ma
nchester this weekend and there was much fun to be had by all. I took some fantastic classes, met many talented people, saw some great products and most of it was reasonably priced.

Let me introduce you to Michelle Granger! She teaches for Quick Quotes, I took ALL of her classes on Friday, which was ALL the classes that QQ offered :o) Their classes have been voted #1, #2 and #3 for CK, and I wanted to see what all the hype was about. Well, it turned out that their class projects were completely awesome, Michelle is a riot and their class kits contain extra product and project ideas so you get even MORE value for the class price. My favorite quote from Michelle "I am not the boss of you", Michelle explains that if she "tells you to do something to your layout that you don't want to, and would like to do something differently, then GO AHEAD, it's your project and I'm never going to see it again!" Michelle has many other great tips to share, if there is a QQ class near you, TAKE IT.


Quick Quotes is my #1 Favorite pick for this convention. They have papers, canvas, chipboard and fabulous quotes on vellum and transparency.
Check out these classes I took! They were an amazing value as well as the best design ideas.
If you take one of their classes at the convention, you get a coupon for great discounts in their booth on class kits and other fun products!
They now offer a monthly kit club!!!! s
ee their website for more details, I highly recommend it; in their usual fashion, the kit club contains rockin' designs and amazing value.



One more thing! Check out Quick Quotes Private Reserve! Their weekend retr
eat event in Washington State.

My #2 Favorite is Technique Tuesday. They have clear stamps and lots of chipboard
in many shapes. Check out this class I took with Jamie Harper! She was fun and had lots of techniques and tips to share.


I wanted to see the chipboard in action before I purchased it but by the time I got back to the booth, they were all sold out of the large chipboard frames!

Also among my favorites for this show are:
Kaiser Crafts Inc. - cute metal and epoxy brads in many designs and shapes, adhesive rhinestones, wood flourishes, gorgeous paper and much more!



Boxer Scrapbooks - Cute chipboard shaped kits



The Paper Loft - MEGA PAPER in great designs for reasonable prices and cute samples. The Well-Worn series is my fav!


Preserve It! Frames - Innovative frame design for scrapbook layouts that you can alter and decorate to match your layouts!



Last, but not least, Scrap it Simple! Fabric covered albums with an innovative binding system to relieve headaches when expanding/adding pages. Look at the awesome fabric designs.


And that's a WRAP!

Google

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great weekend!! michelle is a riot! i got the hcance to work with her last year on some cosmo cricket classes.
i'm so glad you got the weekend to play -- you deserve it.

hope

7:35 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, lucky you 1 Looks like you had a GREAT time :D

8:57 PM

 
Blogger Michelle McGee said...

LOVE Scrap it Simple!

10:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •