SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Easy Tool for Picking Layout Colors

"Back in the day", when I was working PT at a local scrapbook store, I can't recall how many people, photos in hand, would ask my help selecting paper colors to create a layout with them.

I just heard of the coolest color picker tool, and it's FREE!

How did I learn of this tool? I've been following Scrapbook Update by Nancy Nally. This site is very informative about what's happening in the industry, from shows and new product to the politics, closings and of course - break-through tools!

Another Color Palette Generating Tool To Try

Posted: 24 Mar 2009 07:00 PM PDT

...................................................

CSS Drive's Color Palette Generator allows you to upload a photo less than 1MB in size, and then creates 3 palettes from the photo: light, medium, and dark options. Mousing over the color options in the palettes reveals their color numbers for use in CSS design and other applications like Photoshop.

But Color Palette Generator also offers a second step in the palette creation process. Below the palettes it generates, it displays what it calls the "complete color palette" of all available colors it pulled from the image. You can then click on them to view their color code number and add them to your own custom selected palette of 8 colors.

READ THE REST OF THIS ARTICLE AT THEIR SITE

Google

1 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

What timing...I just bookmarked this site this AM! LOL!!
Can't wait to try this on my stuff!
Have a great weekend, my friend!!
xoxo

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •